So hold onto your hats, because this article is about how a bot can help decrease the costs of advertising campaigns and how it benefits businesses.
One of the lowest-cost ways of communication with the customer is a bot. Also, marketers increase productivity and save time. The main benefit of using a chatbot has to be the low-cost communication with a customer. Compared with other ways of communications, we can make a serious case that the bot is faster than emailing and smoke signals and cheaper than SMS, which costs about one cent per message in sunny Ukraine. Also, bots provide two-way engagement, mostly without a live agent.
To measure if chatbot implementation provides a cost reduction for an advertising campaign, identify a single metric — the cost of client acquisition.
Scenarios for automation advertising campaigns with bot:
- Bot defines and segments target auditory using ‘ask & answer’ method. The bot asks the customer about preferences and offers the appropriate goods or services;
- Sends advertising campaigns to customers via a messenger. The Marketer creates articles and the bot takes to sending routine messages on a massive scale to prospects.
Let’s consider an example of the first scenario to better understand how it works in real business cases.
The Sephora bot was developed for the beauty industry to help customers find the appropriate goods and let them know about cosmetic novelties. The chatbot handles natural language, asking customers about preferences regarding beauty goods. To decrease the cost of promotion, the bot acts in the following way:
- Makes quiz — asks questions to gather information and makes suggestions (e.g. age, makeup brand preferences);
- Scans an image, object or face of a celebrity, for example, and presents a list of matchings lipsticks;
- Provides ‘how-to’ content. The chatbot showcases life hacks for makeup using their own supplies.
The results of chatbot implementation is an 11% higher conversion rate versus any other channel for booking in-store makeover appointments.
Does your chatbot reduce the costs of advertising campaigns and company service promotion as well as the Sephora bot does?
Another example of this sort of scenario is the M chatbot that advertises and promotes anything customers need. There is no necessity here to buy expensive tools for email marketing. Just hand the advertising content to the bot.
To promote goods and services quickly and affordably the bot acts in the following way:
- Sends messages with ad content automatically and free or cheap;
- Reaches the target audience directly via a messenger that increases conversion;
- Offers the goods or services without aggressive advertisement. The customer will get an ad right after he realizes he needs the goods.
The aforementioned chatbot sends messages automatically and free. The B2B customer pays only for bot development.
With all that said, chatbots are a complete necessity for the smart business to explore new leads without massive cash outpouring. In the meantime, make them customer make sending offers and keep them loyal to the services you provide.