This is the final article in the series on the benefits of using chatbot for business. Previously, Chatbots.Studio considered cost reduction and profits increase benefits. Let’s discuss cross-selling as a means to boost sales with a bot in messengers.
Bot- seller, one of the most preferable for entrepreneurs because of the value it directly brings. The bot works in the following way. While the prospect is putting a lot of thoughts into common questions that influence purchasing decisions, the sales chatbot could simply ask, “What are you looking for?” and guide buyers to the appropriate categories.
The marketer has a list of potential or existing leads most often in messengers community or web providing support and sales for clients. Beauty product seller Sephora has increased sales of 11% by taking advantage of Facebook’s Messenger chatbot service, which automates responses and customer support.
Please take a look below to understand how Sephora bot increased sales by offering additional goods.
Making the most personalized offers, Sephora bot has made amazing results increasing sales.
Marketers divided customer into three types:
- Client at first time came to the Shopping center, or just subscribed to the newsletters. In this case METRO motivates buyer come back again or invite buyer to visit the shop;
- Existing buyers. Marketers’ main goal is increasing quantity of goods that client buy;
- Client loses interest to METRO goods. Marketers have to keep them loyal to the shop. Via content, METRO says to ex-buyers: “Where are you going? I still love you and have something interesting for you”.
How the chatbot can help to satisfy three types of buyers?
Marketers create the value offer for each types of buyer and distribute these via messenger.
Also METRO offers buyers a digital discount card via chatbot in Viber messenger. It simplifies customer engagement with a company. To start chatting with bot, just scan the QR code and you will be redirect to Viber messenger.
Let’s consider scenarios of cross-selling with a bot in messenger. Then I’ll demonstrate relevant examples that explain each of the mentioned below scenario:
- Bot sends discounts card, promo codes or newsletters with offers to customer. For better understanding, you can find QR codes that link to a bot with a discount coupon or promo code.
- Bot sends personalized offers for the customer according to their previous behavior in the bot or inputs.
METRO Cash&Carry is a great example of how to increase cross-selling using digital strategies, especially chatbot in messengers. Digital tools allow to increase conversion up to 57%. Let’s consider how they gained such amazing results within the confines of the chatbot.
Let’s consider the first scenario to understand how it works in real business cases.
Jasper’s Market sends the coupon with a 20% discount to existing clients. In the meantime, clients can find the store and check the working hours. It leads to cross sale without live sales or marketer’s help.
Another example of the aforementioned scenario is cross-selling according to previous customers’ input. Telecom Co. bot informs a customer about the ability to device plan upgrading through the conversational interface. Thus the bot having remembering previous customer’s input makes the most appropriate and personalized offer.
As we mentioned previously, the benefits should be identified and explored with metrics to understand how it impacts the bottom line:
- Cost of attraction client to number of cross-sales;
- Net Promoter Score.
As can be seen, a chatbot is really a smart solution for up- and cross-selling without additional assistance. It helps sales concentrate on important tasks and in the meantime, do cross-selling. However, it is worth remembering that a chatbot isn’t the one correct solution for each and every business. It really works great in coordination with other sales strategies. So, follow me and stay on top of chatbots novelties.